New OBSESSION: Modern Renaissance

Anastasia Beverly Hills are killing it this year. With nearly 15 million Instagram followers they are close behind MAC in the race to be crowned most followed beauty brand. These 15 million followers have been hit with killer release after killer release this year, with many of these products becoming cult products quite literally seconds after their release. 

I spent a fair few months eyeing up this beauty from afar, watching friends cave in and purchase and I was remaining strong... after all I didn't 'need' another autumnal eyeshadow palette. Here we are a couple of months later and look what I've bought *slaps hands*. One thing I've learnt over the years is if fall for a product, no matter how long I can hold out or how much my sad little bank balance doesn't want me to, I'll cave and buy it. 

Anyway, no regrets, I love the Modern Renaissance palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. First off the pigmentation is INSANE. You have to be very light handed with application and you need next to nothing on the brush. FYI the brush that comes with this palette is super usable and makes blending a dream. Fall out is minimal - slightly more of a problem with the shimmer shades but still the bare minimum. 

The only downfall, in my opinion, is the packaging design. I love the muted pink shade and the super simplistic design but how impractical is a velvet cover?! I have been very careful with this palette since purchasing, leaving it out of my makeup bag and keeping it far away from foundation, yet still stains keep appearing. Yes, it may look adorable but for the price point of this product I would expect it to be more durable!


TEMPERA: velvety beige with an ultra-matte finish
GOLDEN OCHRE: earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish
VERMEER: iridescent shell with a metallic finish
BUON FRESCO: antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
ANTIQUE BRONZE: metallic sable with a satin finish
LOVE LETTER: raspberry with an ultra-matte finish
CYPRUS UMBER: dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish
RAW SIENNA: neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish
BURNT ORANGE: deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
PRIMAVERA: shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish
RED OCHRE: sienna with an ultra-matte finish
VENETIAN RED: crimson with an ultra-matte finish
WARM TAUPE: earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
REALGAR: brick with an ultra-matte finish
(from the ABH website)

No comments